Programming & Education Committee
This committee is governed by the joint Terms of Reference.
This committee meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month
- Chair: Izzie Colpitts-Campbell
- Members: Jennie Robinson Faber, Jen Costa, Kaitlin Tremblay, Mic Fok, Kae Bagg, Rose Goodwin
Responsible for long-term planning and execution of all regular and major programming and events.
- Organize upcoming programming by season
Manage the lifecycle of each event
- Leader Prep/Support
- Day-of/Volunteers and mentors
Plans 2 seasons ahead, determining topics, speakers, projects of interest to members and relevant to yearly mandate.
This includes events and education:
- Speaker socials (monthly)
- Workshops (monthly)
- Special events (every 3-4 months)
- Multi-week programs (once per year)
- Game jams (every 3 months)
- Artists in residence (2 times per year)
- Exhibitions and commissions
- Joint programming (e.g., Indigicade) and co-presentations
The Programming committee is supported by several subcommittees.
Social Squad Subcommittee
The Social Squad plans parties, social events, game nights, outings and field trips.
- Determine mentor, volunteer, and staff needs for all events held at our headquarters.
- Communicate with volunteers, assign roles, and assist Programming Committee as needed.
- Manage volunteer pool.
- Plan and coordinate some ad hoc events, such as offsite social events, game nights, etc.