This committee is governed by the joint Terms of Reference.
The committee meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month at DMG HQ (32 Lisgar St, 3rd floor). It is an open meeting; non-members and volunteers are invited to attend.
During the COVID-19 crisis, meetings are held online. To receive the meeting details, please register for the committee meeting at dmg.to
Please see projects for a list of programs and projects currently managed by this committee.
- Co-chairs: Izzie Colpitts-Campbell, Jennie Robinson Faber
- Members: Jen Costa, Kaitlin Tremblay, Kae Bagg, Jayd Matyas, Natalie Zina-Walschots, Angelica Sales, Meagan Byrne, Natalie Zina Walschots, Tabby Rose, Santo Aveiro-Ojeda, Sebastian Pines
Responsible for long-term planning and execution of all regular and major programming and events.
- Organize upcoming programming by season
Manage the lifecycle of each event
- Leader Prep/Support
- Day-of/Volunteers and mentors
Plans 2 seasons ahead, determining budgets, topics, speakers, projects of interest to members and relevant to yearly mandate.
This includes events and education:
- Speaker socials (monthly)
- Workshops (monthly)
- Special events (every 3-4 months)
- Multi-week programs (once per year)
- Game jams (every 3 months)
- Artists in residence (2 times per year)
- Exhibitions and commissions
- Joint/partner programming and co-presentations
- Determine mentor, volunteer, and staff needs for all events held at our headquarters.
- Train new volunteers and mentors
- Communicate with volunteers, assign roles, and assist Programming Committee as needed.
- Manage volunteer pool
Community Promotion Responsibilities
Promote the work and accomplishments of our members.
Plan and coordinate external communications including:
- monthly email newsletter
- social media campaigns
- general daily promotion of DMG events and member projects
- Actively research and signal boost mentions and exhibitions of member work via Twitter, Facebook, and blog posts on the DMG site
- Communicate speaking and workshop opportunities with members
- Develop and maintain style guide covering voice and topic guidelines
- Collaboratively manage DMG Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts through Buffer, adhering to voice and topic guidelines
- Develop weekly/monthly topic calendar around events and initiatives (Trello)
- Develop communications and promotional plan around original content (tutorials, videos, etc.)
Resource Development Responsibilities
Support DMG's goal of developing sustainable financial support through a balance of corporate and community partnerships and sponsorships, arts council funding and earned revenue.
- Manages all stages of the sponsorship cycle, from goal-setting to long-term partnership cultivation.
- Proactively researches funding, partnership and grant opportunities and develops proposals for Board approval, collaborating with committees to develop appropriate proposals for different partners (industry/corporate, government, academia, community, family offices, etc.).
- Develops short-, medium- and long-term funding strategies and priorities in tandem with other committees and the Board.
- Writes, edits, submits, monitors and reports on grant applications.
- Plans and executes one-time and long-term fundraising events and campaigns.
- Manages communication and relationships with partners and sponsors.
Member Support Responsibilities
Responsible for membership drives, services and support, volunteer pool management, recruitment and advocacy.
- Provide resources to our community members to support them in their long-term careers
- Provide access to fundamental resources (i.e. healthcare, legal aid, financial aid)
- Develop partnerships with insurance, legal, healthcare providers to provide services to DMG members at reduced/no cost
- Determine recruitment opportunities for new DMG members (i.e. Post-secondary, Friendship Centres, Game Jams, online spaces)
- Represent the membership in industry advocacy/policy contexts
- Develop and maintain HR policies for DMG staff and volunteers, including contracts/agreements, policies and procedures, succession planning, training and development, and performance review
- Advocate for and teach others how to advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Provide skills workshops on contract negotiations, HR discussions, and other skills related to navigating workplaces
- Support our community through professional development training, partnered with the Programming committee
- Streamline job recruitment requests from employers