The Board will govern with a style which emphasizes outward vision, encouragement of diversity in viewpoints, strategic leadership, clear distinction of Board and staff roles, collaborative decision-making, a focus on the future and proactivity.
The Board will:
- Be accountable for the realization of its goals
- Direct, control and inspire the organization through careful establishment of the broadest written policies which reflect the values and perspectives of its members and stakeholder communities
- The Board will monitor and regularly discuss the Board’s own process and performance to ensure the continuity of its governance capability by retention and development of Board members.
- Self-evaluate its performance
- Commit to continuous improvement, including orientation of new members and Directors to the Board’s governance model and periodic Board discussion of governance process