Board meetings will be held on the last Saturday of every month (or more or less frequently, or at a different time as determined by the Directors, but at any rate on a regular and scheduled basis) and conducted to carry out the business of the Board. The purpose of the meeting shall be expressed in its agenda.
See Section 26-28 of the DMG Bylaws for more details about how and by whom board meetings may be called.
A meeting agenda, prepared by the Chair of the Board or Secretary and circulated prior to the start of the meeting, will establish issues to be addressed.
A majority of the votes cast by the Directors shall determine the motions in meeting. If there is a tie, then the majority requirement is not met and the vote cannot pass.
Minutes recorded at the Board meeting, and subsequently approved as written by the Board at the next meeting, will be the official record of the Board’s transactions and plans.
Annual Planning Session
The Board will also hold an annual planning meeting, at which the Board will review and establish an updated three-year plan and an annual business plan. The plans will:
- Determine what the Board intends to accomplish for the coming year
- Articulate the Board’s planning accomplishments as realistic, concrete, and meaningful outcomes
- Adopt or update an appropriate strategic plan for achieving the outcomes
- Identify appropriate timelines for the accomplishments of the plan
- Establish a schedule for, and the means of, evaluating the performance of the Board